Clay Pigeon Shoot
CVHSC inaugural Clay Pigeon Shoot was held at Goldscleugh at the top of the College Valley at the beginning of May, weather conditions were good and we received over 80 entries for the competition. Steven Crees and his team of helpers had arranged a 40 bird challenge firing 5 pairs of clays from 4 different traps spread around the top of the valley. Competitors at different levels thoroughly enjoyed the challenge however the winner was Scottish Internationalist Jed Burn from Jedburgh who narrowly beat his father Sandy into second place followed Bill Colclough in third.
There was a tie in the pool competition again the Burn family were top guns however in this instance father Sandy reversed the situation and won the “shoot off”
John Leadbetter did a sterling job keeping all competitors supplied with burgers from the BBQ and ladies from the Macmillian Cancer Care team provided tea/coffee and cakes.
Feedback from the competitors on the day was excellent, all had enjoyed the drive to the top of the valley and some challenging sport
Proceeds from the day will be shared between CVHSC and MACMILLAN
St Gregory’s Ride
This pleasure ride was held for the second time around the Lanton Estate in the middle of May, weather conditions were perfect for horses with a gentle breeze and light cloud cover, ground conditions were perfect following an afternoon of rain the day before ( which resulted in a very wet route marker!!)
Around 80 riders took part in the scenic route via the monument and onto Coldside Hill before descending to Crookhouse where refreshments were provided, then down to the river and into the front field at Lanton where riders had the opportunity to have a pop over some jumps before finishing with a long canter around the head rigs back to Sandyhouse.
We have received some very positive comments via Facebook:
- Thank you to everyone who organised this ride, it was fantastic one of the best rides Alfie and I have done, definitely will be back, lovely route and amazing views
- Thanks to everyone involved organising the ride, this was our 2nd year doing the ride and its definitely the best ride we have been on looking forward to next years ride.
- What an absolutely fantastic ride this was today. Amazing scenery. Thank you to everyone involved in the organisation of a perfect ride.
- Fantastic ride today. First time for us but definitely not our last. Organisation was top class.
- Thank you CVNNH supporters, great ride, beautiful country, really well organised, see you for St. Cuthbert’s