Welcome to the College Valley and North Northumberland Hunt (CVNNH) website. Meeting twice a week on Tuesdays and Saturdays from September to early March, the CVNNH is a celebrated pack of foxhounds which was formed in 1982 when the College Valley Hunt amalgamated with the North Northumberland Hunt.
We hunt within the laws of both England and Scotland across an area which stretches from Holy Island in the very North East of Northumberland, taking in the Cheviot Hills, up to the Bowmont Valley and Hownam in the Scottish Borders.
Our hunting country is diverse and rural, encompassing rolling grass and woodland in the low country as well as the fabulous white grass of the hills. We have excellent relationships with local farmers and businesses while we also endeavour to provide a focus for local community activities and fund raising.
We are particularly pleased to welcome Newcomers to hunting who can come out with us for the first time by arrangement for no charge.
We welcome followers throughout the season on horses, in cars or on foot, although we do ask that anyone new wishing to join us obtains permission from the Hunt Secretary in advance.
Thu27Jun20197:30 pmThe Red Lion, Milfield
PUB OF THE MONTH
We thought it would be nice to try & keep in contact with everyone - supporters, subscribers, followers & friends of the hunt, throughout the year & also support the pubs that regularly support our sport. It is proposed to take place every thursday in each month with a rotation between The Red Lion at Milfield, The Border Hotel at Yetholm, The Angel in Wooler, The Black Bull in Lowick, The Black Bull in Etal.
We are starting with The Red Lion at Milfield on 27thJune at 7.30 pm
Looking forward to seeing you all there, please let Rachel Stuart know with numbers by 24.June. Rachelstuart1@icloud.com or text me on 07950203402.
We will also be running a 100 Club each evening and also resurrecting a “Sponsor a Hound” initiative... Details to follow
We are continually adding to our event page. Please call back to see what we are up to.
CVHSC Events in May 2019
- Thank you to everyone who organised this ride, it was fantastic one of the best rides Alfie and I have done, definitely will be back, lovely route and amazing views
- Thanks to everyone involved organising the ride, this was our 2nd year doing the ride and its definitely the best ride we have been on looking forward to next years ride.
- What an absolutely fantastic ride this was today. Amazing scenery. Thank you to everyone involved in the organisation of a perfect ride.
- Fantastic ride today. First time for us but definitely not our last. Organisation was top class.
- Thank you CVNNH supporters, great ride, beautiful country, really well organised, see you for St. Cuthbert’s