Welcome to the College Valley and North Northumberland Hunt (CVNNH) website. Meeting twice a week on Tuesdays and Saturdays from September to early March, the CVNNH is a celebrated pack of foxhounds which was formed in 1982 when the College Valley Hunt amalgamated with the North Northumberland Hunt.
We hunt within the laws of both England and Scotland across an area which stretches from Holy Island in the very North East of Northumberland, taking in the Cheviot Hills, up to the Bowmont Valley and Hownam in the Scottish Borders.
Our hunting country is diverse and rural, encompassing rolling grass and woodland in the low country as well as the fabulous white grass of the hills. We have excellent relationships with local farmers and businesses while we also endeavour to provide a focus for local community activities and fund raising.
We are particularly pleased to welcome Newcomers to hunting who can come out with us for the first time by arrangement for no charge.
We welcome followers throughout the season on horses, in cars or on foot, although we do ask that anyone new wishing to join us obtains permission from the Hunt Secretary in advance.
Thu20Dec20186:30 pmSt. Gregory's, Kirk Newton
CVNNH Carols Evening
HOORAY! The Hunt have been invited back to St. Gregory's: Kirk Newton Church for another Carols Evening on THURDAY 20th Dec at 6.30pm.
Anybody who would like to dust off their musical instrument or vocal chords, we are already practising at Mindrum Mill on sunday afternoons so please come and join in - the next practise is on SUNDAY 2ND DECEMBER AT 5PM AT SUE AND DAVID WOODS AT MINDRUM HOUSE
We are continually adding to our event page. Please call back to see what we are up to.
CVHSC Events in May 2019
- Thank you to everyone who organised this ride, it was fantastic one of the best rides Alfie and I have done, definitely will be back, lovely route and amazing views
- Thanks to everyone involved organising the ride, this was our 2nd year doing the ride and its definitely the best ride we have been on looking forward to next years ride.
- What an absolutely fantastic ride this was today. Amazing scenery. Thank you to everyone involved in the organisation of a perfect ride.
- Fantastic ride today. First time for us but definitely not our last. Organisation was top class.
- Thank you CVNNH supporters, great ride, beautiful country, really well organised, see you for St. Cuthbert’s